Crockpot cooking & my lack of kitchen

This is the view from the door into the garage looking into our kitchen and then threw to the dining room.  Now as you can see the refrigerator and stove are currently living in the dining room.  Due to my complete lack of a functional kitchen we shall be crock potting this week.

DSC_0644

I’ve been seeing crockpot lasagna all over Pinterest recently and I really wanted to attempt it.  However here is my one issue; meat.  All of the recipes say to brown the meat first.  Which normally wouldn’t be an issue except my stove is in the dining room.

Here’s my thought though; if I can throw raw chicken into the crockpot why not raw ground meat?

Well I did it.  I tossed the meat in broken up and raw.  Honestly I have no idea how this is going to turn out.

DSC_0645

Here are all of my ingredients except the shredded mozzarella which was still in the fridge.

I used a layer technique.  Sauce and meat, then noodles, then ricotta and mozzarella cheese.  Repeat.  I hoping that the sauce will slow cook the meat.  I also broke the noodles up so they would fit better and look nicer.

Ingredients

• Crockpot
  • 1lb ground meat (I choose turkey)
  • Lasagna noodles
  • Jar of pasta sauce (I bought the huge one, but a regular size would have been plenty)
  • Ricotta cheese (Again I bought a big one, but I have enough for another meal)
  • Shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions

• Layer everything.  Sauce/meat, then noodles, then cheeses, and repeat.   I ended with cheese on top.

I’ll update on twitter how this turns out.  As in if it is edible or not.  Maybe a picture or two as well.

Comments

8 Responses to "Crockpot cooking & my lack of kitchen"

Katydid said... December 5, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Great job. I'm sure it was great. I was without a stove for about 3 months. It's amazing what you can cook with a crock pot and an electric skillet :).

Jenni said... December 5, 2011 at 9:28 AM

You are ALREADY ahead of where I was when we had our kitchen redone. We had 3 months of junkfood (gah! what is this, true confessions??)

Hopped over to meet you from Monkey Do Monday. I hope your recipe turns out great. I want to try it. :)

kyna... said... December 5, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Love your new blog look! :-)

Definitely update me to let me know how this turned out! I would love to try it out (except I can ground the meat first since I have a functional kitchen...ha ha)
♥ Kyna

Maureen (@QponCutie) said... December 5, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Hopping over in the Alexa hop! I'm anxious to see how this turned out!

Stasha said... December 5, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Hope your belly is full of godness by the time I am reading this.

The Husband! said... December 5, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Relaying first hand experience here...this particular Crock-Pot lasagna was freaking delicious!

mmbear said... December 11, 2011 at 1:17 AM

Thanks so much for stopping by last Monday and linking up to our blog hop, Love U! I am late getting around as I was super busy this week with so many giveaways. I checked and I am following you so at least we did this sometime ago!

Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

Jamie said... December 11, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Hi! I wanted to let you know that I featured you in this week's Make Yourself Monday! Thanks for playing!! Please grab the "I've been Featured" button on my left sidebar.

Jamie