This is the view from the door into the garage looking into our kitchen and then threw to the dining room. Now as you can see the refrigerator and stove are currently living in the dining room. Due to my complete lack of a functional kitchen we shall be crock potting this week.
I’ve been seeing crockpot lasagna all over Pinterest recently and I really wanted to attempt it. However here is my one issue; meat. All of the recipes say to brown the meat first. Which normally wouldn’t be an issue except my stove is in the dining room.
Here’s my thought though; if I can throw raw chicken into the crockpot why not raw ground meat?
Well I did it. I tossed the meat in broken up and raw. Honestly I have no idea how this is going to turn out.
Here are all of my ingredients except the shredded mozzarella which was still in the fridge.
I used a layer technique. Sauce and meat, then noodles, then ricotta and mozzarella cheese. Repeat. I hoping that the sauce will slow cook the meat. I also broke the noodles up so they would fit better and look nicer.
- 1lb ground meat (I choose turkey)
- Lasagna noodles
- Jar of pasta sauce (I bought the huge one, but a regular size would have been plenty)
- Ricotta cheese (Again I bought a big one, but I have enough for another meal)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Layer everything. Sauce/meat, then noodles, then cheeses, and repeat. I ended with cheese on top.
I’ll update on twitter how this turns out. As in if it is edible or not. Maybe a picture or two as well.